Monday, 1 April 2013

Compost toilet update.

Six weeks, every time I go visit the loo - I laugh. ;D

I am pretty hysterical about the whole affair. Yep, I know it's weird but I am. No smell, no emptying disgusting stinking porta-potties or emptying holding tanks. Both of which smell, and badly too. Still fine, Mrs B still happy, me happy, why didn't I do this many years ago.

I know it's still early days but it's still ok and no plague even with a bigger bucket of poo. The furry stuff keeps growing and the poo oxidized and turns black, still no sawdust needed and still smells of nothing. The liquid side is fine too, the pineapple chunk has worn out, nearly, so I ordered 3Kg from Ebay. I spritz round with the water spray bottle every day and every couple of days I use an AB wipe from Dettol round the seat and bowl and finish off with a paper towel to dry. Sweet. How happy am I. [image]

I did provoke the pile with a stick to see what would happen and the beast reacted by smelling of an equine dung heap. Strong but not bad, but I am well used to horses, sadly.


1 comment:

  1. Billy, Billy, Billy you are getting seriously obsessed with poo, I fully expect to see you rolling around in the manure pile up at the stables next! It all sounds good though, and I understand that Andrew is very impressed and planning on going down the same route. I can just imagine the conversations we will have at our summer bbqs! X

    ReplyDelete